Implement an Algo trading strategy using Python (Workshop)
I’m Sayantam Datta. I'm a Data Scientist at a FinTech company.
In this live workshop, we'll build and execute a trading strategy on real market data using Python.
You can code along as I show you how to import stock market data into Python, build a trading hypothesis and analyse the results.
- Live online workshop
- Python code provided on Jupyter notebook
- Insight into career opportunities in Quant Finance
- Participation Certificate provided
Saturday, 8th Aug, 3 PM IST
What you'll learn
- Career trajectories in quantitative finance
- Trading strategy of moving average crossover
- Pandas dataframe in python
- Importing market data into python
- Using rolling means and spread to take market position
- Reading Sharpe ratio
- Using training data to formulate strategy for test data
I’m Sayantam Datta. I'm a Data Scientist at a FinTech company before which I did a Masters in Computational Finance in Europe and Bachelors from IIT Bombay.
From quant research to working directly with the Ex-Director of Deutsche Bank on algo trading, I have developed a strong passion for quantitative finance. I’m passionate about using my learning experience to help others learn and build their career.
Who should apply
Anyone who is interested in Finance, algorithmic trading or applications of Data Science in Finance. The workshop will give you a peek into the world of quantitative finance
No prior knowledge of Python or Finance needed.